Sunday, June 03, 2007

It's About Time I Had a Say - Caroline





As you can tell, Mommy and I got to come home the other day. My brothers were delighted, to say the least, and Garrison in particular wanted to know all about our matching hospital bracelets and to see Mommy's tummy where I hung out for SO long!!


Garrison is so much happier than when his little brother came home from the hospital. But Daniel isn't sure he cares if I'm here or not; he's happy as long as he gets fed and watered regularly. Come to think of it - that's one of my top priorities, too. But every once in a while he gives my strawberry blond curls a tender whop or he investigates the holes in my ears or nose. You wait, Brother!

On the same day that I came home, my Pops arrived from the airport to see me (from South Carolina!) My brothers showed him my room - with the painting that Garrison did for me - and their own new room as well. They have this cool fake fish tank thing that I'm sure I'll enjoy a lot one day. Right now I'm all about sleeping - that was a hard delivery, you know. It's not easy coming out face up - and then having to have your tongue clipped so that you can eat properly. Quite stressful really. But my mom handles everything so well!
Like having Traveler come to spend the night. Todd and Schelyn were both going to be away so my Mom said it'd be OK. She knows that our Dixie likes to have her friend over - especially when Oma plays ball in the backyard with both of them. Did I tell you that G & D gave me this cute little pink pig? (Of course we all got presents from Pops, too). It may look like I'm about the same size as this soft critter but I've got it outweighed, let me tell you!



Anyway, it wasn't long before Todd and Jack Greer came by to see me and to pick up their dog. And then late the next day Auntie Schelyn stopped by on her way home from the airport. Can you believe she'd come to see me before picking up her own little boy from the baby sitter's (Todd had to go back to work - it's a complicated story - I'll tell you one day)! Anyway, I feel really loved.

That's all I have to say for now! But I'm sure my mom will keep everyone updated either here or on her spot: erikacounts.blogspot.com. Check it out. And I can't wait to see what my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Reid's little girl is going to look like. She and I will be having tea parties with Oma one day, I know!

I'll get to meet little Miss Fisher and all the others from South Carolina in early October at the 'Baker Laker' week. Think of the pictures we'll get then!!
Thanks for listening - I think I'll go back to sleep now. After a little more milk and maybe a new diaper. I feel like such a princess already.

Well, sort of:

2 comments:

Tootie said...

good job on this post, Oma. Caroline had quite a lot of words to say! :)

Constance said...

Caroline,
You are one very fortunate girl having 2 older brothers to protect you. I am the third child and only girl with 2 older brothers. I hope your middle brother doesn't try and punch your lights out like mine did - he still tries even now!
My Mom was 30 when she had me, just like yours. Both beautiful ladies.
I am so glad you are here and can't wait to meet you hopefully in October.
Bless you little one!

Connie Beasley