Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"Welcome to Elloree"

"Welcome to Elloree" -

So says a sign on the road to the beach and we're pretty sure that's how Schelyn and Todd came up with the name for their BRAND NEW baby daughter:

Elloree Grace was born at 2:24 this morning, April 1st; she was 7 lbs., 9 oz. and 20 inches long. I know because I was there!! What a thrill to be present in the delivery room and to actually cut this little one's cord, too! THANK you so much, Guys.

Naturally I'm writing from Colorado - this week I'm getting to know Jack Greer better (he was also named after a South Carolina town, you know!)

Anyway, I've hung up a very different sign to say "Welcome to Elloree (Grace)" - it says: Hartelijk Gefeliciteerd - dutch for Congratulations!!

Though I've taken some pictures, I can't post any yet 'cause I can't figure out this Mac computer exactly - but there are shots to look at on:

www.erikacounts.blogspot.com

and I'm sure Todd will be putting some up very soon, too, at:

www.tootietales.blogspot.com

(see both of these links top right of this blog)

ENJOY (WE ARE)!!

Love, Oma (Pops is supposed to be coming shortly!)

No comments: