Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Third Trimester



So when I had Olice at 31 weeks, I obviously missed out on any third trimester fun. I had no idea what I was missing. The third trimester is a freaky time. Yesterday I felt like I was walking on a float because my ankle and foot were so swollen. Imagine walking on a swimmie. Doesn't sound fun does it? My balance is also a little off which makes me want to walk a little slow just to be careful. I have also taken up waddling. It isn't intentional. It's just that, my belly is so heavy and full of water that it swings side to side(much like a pony tail does as you walk) and in turn, swings my whole body.

Schelijn and I were walking into target yesterday, and I looked over at another couple about fifteen feet away(also entering the store). Just as I look over at them, I catch her rude husband point at me and say, "Hey, look at that." That's right, people are pointing me out in awe at my enormous belly. Kinda makes me feel like I'm a freak show. Oh well, I'll still wear it proud. They say a camera adds ten pounds. In the case of these pictures, let's say about 30 pounds;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GIRL--you are looking SO cute!! I can't believe how your tummy is just all in front. I can't wait to see that baby girl...love you.

Tootie said...

nanni panni, I miss you! Love these pictures. Did they do pregnant barbie yet? Well, if not, they have their prototype. Love ya, shin

Evelyn & Floyd said...

you have such a way with words... i have reread what you wrote three times, and laugh each time. I actually teared up i got so tickled by your metaphors. Love you.

Anonymous said...

congratulations Erika and Bryan. a big kiss for Caroline; she looks so pretty and cute. And well done to the boys;you seem to be such good brothers!-please send me your address I seem to have misplaced it somewhere. lots of love to you all Ruthyx